Wednesday, November 23, 2011
Day 23
Wow, I can’t believe my days of Thanksgiving are nearly coming to an end. I don’t want to stop! Thinking of something to be thankful for everyday isn’t always easy, especially when I’m having a bad day, but I loved coming up with something and realizing how blessed I really am. Today I am thankful for His provision. That I always have more than enough, in several areas in my life. In my finances, in my pantry, in my home, in my relationships, in love and joy. Sometimes it’s easy to look at all that I don’t have, but when compared to others, I really have so much! I gave some baby food to an old friend yesterday that I hadn’t seen in years. She stopped by with her baby to get it and he was playing on the floor with Baxton. I asked her what toys her son plays with since he’s a few months younger than Bax, and she said he doesn’t have many toys because she can’t afford it. That broke my heart. Suddenly I was looking around my house and I felt like we had too much! I mean Baxton only has one basket of toys, and most everything was either given to us or I bought used at a baby sale or consignment shop. But compared to her, we had so much! Now today I’m sitting at work, hardly any of my friends are working, and I’m anxious to get out of here. And I am realizing how blessed I am to even have this job. People are looking every day for jobs, have been laid off or fired and can’t find work and can’t provide for their families and while I really, really want to stay home with my baby, right now God is providing for us by giving me this job to pay the bills. Even when our checking account is tight, we always have groceries. Even in the weeks that we can’t spend on silly purchases, we still have a home to come to a place to lay our heads at night. He has always provided for us and always taken care of us. So today, when I think about people who have nothing to look forward to tomorrow, nobody to spend the holiday with, no money to purchase food to make a Thanksgiving dinner, I am so thankful for His provision. All that I need and most of want I want, He has provided.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment