Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Day 15

I can feel anxiety coming on, and I’m starting to freak out. Like any mother, I want my baby to be safe and in my arms, as much as possible. On the news today there is so much to be scared of. Babysitters shaking and killing babies, children committing suicide because they cant handle the bullying anymore. And the latest, a baby stolen straight from his home, which is literally 5 minutes away from mine. My first thought was what in the world is wrong with people?! My second thought…Jesus please protect my baby. I sing a song to Bax every night, about Jesus protecting him and keeping him safe while he sleeps. To give him sweet dreams and hold him while he’s sleeping. But my God, tears are flowing from my eyes as I think about what I would ever do if my baby was taken from me. I know its normal to be worried, and to want to protect your children, but I will not allow my worry to turn to nightmares, for my thoughts to be consumed by this. I trust my baby into the arms of Jesus. So right now, I am thankful for God’s protection. Over my family, over my baby, over me and Bobby, and over my home. I’m proclaiming it and I’m taking it as ours. I will walk laps around my house pleading the blood of Jesus over it if I have to. NO weapon formed against me shall prosper. YOU are my rock and my shield. Amen.

1 comment:

Meg O. said...

I need to hear this song! We say the same thing in a prayer but I would rather sing it :)