Monday, November 21, 2011

Day 21



Today I am thankful for my baby in Heaven, Reese. I have come a long way to actually be able to say that. I am thankful for more reasons than one. First off, I am thankful that God allowed me to carry Reese for even a short time. Through those 12 weeks my heart changed into the heart of a mother. Losing my baby brought Bobby and I closer and taught us that we can make it through anything as long as we have each other. Carrying Reese for 12 weeks allowed my heart to get excited about becoming a mother. But mainly, releasing my baby into heaven allowed me to be able to feel for others who have to walk through miscarriage as well. I am so thankful that I have been able to talk with other women, comfort them, and let them know I understand, when their heart is hurting most. This goes along the lines of my previous post regarding motherhood and the comradery that comes with it. There is just something about knowing that others have walked this path and made it through. Okay so nothing I’m writing here is coming off the way I want! But if anything, I am thankful I made it through. The way I felt that day, I wasn’t sure I would because my heart hurt so badly. I am thankful my baby is sitting on Jesus lap, with so many other babies who went to Heaven too soon.

1 comment:

Meg O. said...

Crying.... I love you Jaq!