Friday, September 19, 2008
Re-evaluation
Apparently, its time for me to re-evaluate. Last night, after getting home from Bible study, I was talking to Bobby telling him a little about how class went. We started talking about the husband being the head of the house, and I asked him "You think you wear the pants around here, right". His answer just about blew me out of my chair....No, we are pretty much a team". I replied "well yes, we're a team, but ultimatly you make the decisions". Again...."well being 'head of the house' might come more into play when we have kids". Excuse me? I was stunned. How could he not think he is head of this house?....Apparently its time for me to re-evaluate my attitude and my actions and get to the bottom of this....I must be doing something wrong if he doesnt think is head of the house, right? I need advice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh Jacque....what a difficult question you ask. ;-) Isn't it funny how we think things are going along as they should be and all of the sudden, we are blindsided by another's point of view. I don't have any answers for you but I will be praying that God shows you the answers.
You are a great wife and I know that since your heart is in the right place and you desperately want things to be the way God ordered them to be that He will show you the way. Have Faith and know that He is there.
I know that God is beginning to do something here! I think it great that you are asking this question, bring it to God, allow Him to reveal ways to make Bobby feel He is the head, or to know what Bobby really needs.
I have to say though I know many men who would have said the women wears the pants, and she runs the show, I think this shows wonders of how far God has taken you that Bobby calls you a team, because really that is also what God has called you to be, so Bobby is following his calling as a husband, by you following your role as a wife.
well, i don't have any answers... but i think i'm going to ask my husband the same question...
Ok somehow I just deleted my post, so here it is agian:
Jacque, I had a similar experience (just a different issue) with Stephen just this past weekend and it hit me like a ton of bricks. It was a horrible feeling and I had to confront it. When I did it didn't get any better b.c he just confirmed that what he said in a moment was true. It is hard when the truth comes out, even when we ask for it, but I am glad I found out, b.c I can consciously work on it now. And I know you will too. You are a great wife Jacque, but we all need re-evaluations sometimes. But better a re-evalutation then going along blinded thinking everything is all good. Now we can work it, together.
Post a Comment