I admit it, worry has to be one of my biggest sins. I worry so much, that I become consumed with worry. I worry until I'm nauseous. There is no limit to what I can or will worry about. I worry about my friends, my family, my husband, my dog, myself. I worry about bills, cleaning, laundry, work, and Bobby's school. It never ends. If I dont make a conscious effort to not worry, I will wake up worried and go to bed worried. I worry about other people, and how they're doing, how they're coping, how they're paying their bills, how they're feeding themselves or their families, how they're doing living on their own, or how they're children are. Right when I think I have control of this thing, right when I thought I had finally decided to leave it all to Him, satan somehow gets one little toe into the door and next thing you know he has control over it all again.
But today, I am refusing to allow it to control my life any longer. What good does it do me to worry? He is in complete control of it all. He knows how my friends are going to feed their families, He knows what job my sister needs, He knows how my sister is doing living alone, He knows what Bobby needs to get through school. HE KNOWS. I dont. I can worry the day away, but in the end, when I lay my head down on that pillow, only He knows. He will take care of everyone, even little Grammers. Like the scripture says (in my own wording of course), if He would take care of the birds, and make sure they are fed, how much more worth am I to Him? Surely He will take care.
So for now satan, you will have to ATTEMPT to find another door in. But my advice is, dont waste your time. My heart is too highly guarded right now for you to even get your fingertip in.
1 comment:
Jacque I love it... You have to take a stand. Fill your heart w/ the word of God, so when that spirit of worry, or fear comes back around they find that your heart has been swept clean of that fear and filled with the Word of God. You are amazing! love you!
Post a Comment