Last night, those words rung in my head over and over again....
A dear friend came over for a visit last night. We drank coffee, toured my new home, looked through my wedding pictures, and talked a little bit about the past. Somehow, in that good company, I began to grow bitter, once again, towards two people who probably dont even remember the offense they made against me. Later that evening, while talking to my love about the days events, that bitterness began to grow, and suddenly I am now angry at 4 people. I proceeded to tell my husband how I'd love to line these 4 people up and punch them all in the face. This, I thought, could be a great conversation to have! I wonder who he'd like to punch in the face. We can sit here and be angry together and talk about why we cant stand them! So I asked him "Babe, who would you like to line up and punch in the face?" He stared at me with a blank expression on his face. "Nobody" he said, and then those words "I dont have issues like you". Wow. He doesnt have issues like me? The more I think about this, the more amazing it is to me. How can he not have issues? How has he not let the past affect him? How does he not harbor bitterness toward people who intentionally hurt him? How? I know how, because he's amazing. Because he knows how to forgive. Because he is my complete opposite. And suddenly, I am even more aware of how amazing God is, to create the two of us, complete opposites, to balance each other out. So, maybe him not having any issues is a good thing. I think I'll try to learn a thing or two from him, my amazing husband.
2 comments:
you gotta love 'em!!
Husbands, maybe boys in general are far less complicated... It is amazing that god created 2 opposites man and woman to live together in holy matrimony. He does have a sense of humor huh? But He makes it so amazing that it works...
I sure am glad you have Bobby to balance you out! I'm sure those 4 offenders are glad too :) Love you!
first, i love your blog.
second, i am so proud of you. for who you are, for who you are becoming, and for overcoming so many things.
third, you did marry an amazing man. God really had you in his abundant favor and knew what kind of husband you would need to make those things in your past stay there forever. learning from the man you love is never a bad thing. aren't you so blessed that he's leading you in the right direction?
Post a Comment