
Nearly six and a half years ago, Bobby took me on our first date. We went to the airport to watch the airplanes. I was young, naive, and excited for the future. I had just met this man who I knew little about, and I was excited to sit and talk with him and learn more about him. We sat there, and watched the airplanes, and learned about each other. Since that first date, we have been back to that same parking spot several times. We had been to the airport the day Bobby asked me to his girlfriend. And last Friday night was no different, or so I thought. Armed with our chinese food, we drove to that famous spot where it started so many years ago. Bobby set up his special pilots walkie talkie so we could hear the control tower directing the airplanes. We ate dinner, and I listened to him talk. He spoke a language I dont understand. A language where "zooloo" is a special time zone or something, where a N297SP is spoken by using words for each letter. As I was listening, I looked out onto that runway, and I realized, this is his dream. Six years ago, this was fun, this was romantic, but this wasnt my dream, and I sure didnt think it was my future. Six years ago, sitting there watching those plans, all I could hope for was that he'd like me enough to ask me out again. Friday night, sitting there with my husband, I realized God's plan for us was coming true. I guess that first date was no fluke, not even the location, because He knew where we'd end up.
4 comments:
so sweet!
it was no fluke at all...
isn't it funny how God brings us back to where it all started?
what a wonderful wife you are, jacque. to realize the importance of his dreams, and to embrace them fully as God's plan.
So you were on Tori's links I hope you don't mind me commenting.
I just found this so amazing, it made me tear up.
You are an amazing wife. I know this didn't fit into your "perfect plan" but you have never stood in his (or more accurately His) way. God will honor you and Bobby and I am excited to see how!
Post a Comment