Baxton, my little tan man, can I just say how in love with you I am right now?? You are 20 months old and you are So. Much. Fun. Seriously. I am enjoying you so much right now and wish I could freeze you at this age, minus the fits of course!! You are growing and learning and becoming smarter every single day. You amaze me with everything you can do. Some of my favorite things about you right now: you still love your momma so, so, so much and sometimes there are just things that only a momma can do for you. In the mornings, you want momma, and when you are hurt, you want momma. Sometimes it is frustrating when I am running late for work or trying to make dinner, but I have been trying to sit down with you in those moments and give you a few minutes of my attention so you know that no matter what, I’m never too busy for you. You love to sit on the kitchen rug and eat your breakfast or a snack. But you don’t like that life goes on around you and you are left sitting alone, so you holler my name every few minutes just to be sure I still know you’re there. When you get hurt, you want to tell us all about it! You have just recently started to point and jibber jabber all about how you fell and show us exactly where it happened. I can hardly keep a straight face because it is so cute how you try to tell us all about it. You love pork rinds, and the other night you opened the pantry all by yourself, got a handful of pork rinds, put them on the floor, put the pork rinds back, and proceeded to have a snack. when did you get big enough to do that all by yourself?? At grandma’s house you know where your bowls are and you will put your snack in them on your own and put the bowl back when you are done with your snack. You and your daddy are the best of friends and I swear, nobody can make you laugh like he does. He flings you through the air, catches you right before you hit the ground, and swings you all around and you laugh and laugh and laugh. You sure do love a thrill. You love to be outside and to do anything daddy is doing. You can swing a baseball bat like a pro and you can run faster than me! (That’s not saying much. HA!) I really think you are going to be athletic. You can say please, thank you, no, cheese, dog, cat, boy, girl, shoes, socks, stick and many other words. And you know what you want and when you want it and are just struggling with telling us that and not throwing a fit. You are smart. And I don’t just say that because I am your mom. The teachers at school have said that and Dr. Phatak has said it as well. You love school, at least I think you did. daddy might say otherwise since you still cry in the mornings when he drops you off. But when I pick you up, you are running and playing with your friends looking like you are having a great time. You are kind of turning into a neat freak, and I love it! You can clean up your own messes and you like things to be in their place. You are still sucking that silly bink and I am dreading the day we take it away from you. I don’t normally write post like this, but I am just so enjoying you right now and I don’t ever want to forget how much fun you are. July was a busy month for us and we got to do lots of things. That is good for you because you are shy in new places and around new people (like your mom!) so you need to get out and experience places other than home and people other than your family. You play well with others and I so enjoy watching you interact with other littles. I know it is cliché, but you are the joy of your lives. I really cant imagine how I ever lived without you. You take up all my energy and thoughts. Being away from you while I’m at work is still not easy, but the time we do share together is priceless. You are mommy and daddy’s little amigo. We are so blessed to have you in our life.
No comments:
Post a Comment