Tuesday, April 19, 2011

God continues to speak to me through my baby....

Last night, you were having trouble falling asleep, so I pulled you close, and whispered in your year until you dozed off into sweet slumber. Then I watched you, to make sure you were peacefully sleeping until I took time to rest myself. This morning, I knew you were tired, so I let you sleep an extra 10 minutes so you could get just a little extra rest. Then I scooped you up, and took you to feed you. The thunder was rolling outside, and shortly after, the rain started pouring down. The wind was blowing hard and hail was beating on our roof, but you, you were safe in my arms as I brought you close and fed you. You had not a care in the world. You were warm, clothed, peaceful, cared for and loved. Then, when it was time, your daddy buckled you safely into your seat, covered you up, and whisked you away to his car. I’m not sure you even knew there were storms outside this morning. Why should you care? We keep you covered, safe from rain, safe from hail. We keep you clothed, and warm. We make sure you are fed. We hold you close and tell you its alright when you seem to be upset. I whisper sweet things to you when you are having a hard time falling asleep. We make sure you are at peace before we rest ourselves. I know I’ve said it before, but is this how HE feels towards me? This morning, when I realized how good you had it, and I thought about the fact that my Father does all those things for me, I suddenly became completely overwhelmed. I’ve spent so much time making sure God KNEW the desires of my heart. Making sure He knew this “storm” reallllly sucked. I’ve spent too much time worrying about the future. My desire…..my desire is to provide for my baby. My desire is to make the best life I can for him. My desire is to be the wife my husband needs me to be for him. My desire is to create a safe haven for him to come home to. My desire….is to be in your will. And if that means I have to wake up every morning and come to this office, then so be it God. You are my provider. And you wont rest until I am at peace. You will keep me safe from the storm. You will hold me close when I cant sleep. Matthew 6:26 (MSG) “Look at the birds, free and unfettered, not tied down to a job description, careless in the care of God. And you count far more to him than birds.”

1 comment:

The Bloms! said...

What a great post friend!!!
Its a great way to put it. We care for our children and not think twice about any of it...that's how He is with us! You made me realize this too!!! Love you!