Whoa, 2 in one day?
Since I wrote the blog about my baby this morning, I have read it over and over again. I’m pretty obsessed with him to say the least. I promised myself that I would never be one of those women who had a baby and forgot about their husband. Well, here I am , you’re looking at her. I wouldn’t go as far as to say I’ve forgotten about him, and please realize I still have just a 3 month old who does require much of my time. BUT, I’m being honest here, and saying I know I havent given my hubby the attention that he needs over these last few months….or really in the past year. A year of pregnancy was hard on me, on us. I know I wasn’t myself. I kind of half thought that as soon as Bax was born, I’d go back to being myself. Wrong! I am not the same woman I was before he was born. Some of that is good and part of it is bad. I run run run all day long. I get about 5 hours of sleep a night which is not enough. You’d think being so tired would make me lethargic and then I’d have no energy to talk. Wrong! I talk to much (you didn’t know that, right?) I am so determined to streamline things in order to get everything done faster in the evenings, and I think I just end up nagging. I think. Lets don’t ask Bobby because I’m sure his opinion will not be nice. Lucky for him, he’s gone on average 5-6 nights a week at either school or work. Lucky for him? Well lucky he doesn’t have to be around my overly-tired-determined-to-get-every-single-thing-on-the-checklist-done nagging self. But unlucky that he is working his tail off to provide for us now, and to make a better life for us in the future, yet still feels like we are getting nowhere. My poor hubby. Our home is supposed to be a safe haven for him, and I’m sure I havent made it that. So this is my prayer…”God, please show me how I can be a better partner to my husband. Please give me the energy to make time for him too. Please show me how I can let him know that he is still important, that he is still my #1 man. Help my husband to feel my love even in the times when I have a hard time showing it. I want to be a friend to him. I want him to feel safe in the 4 walls of our home. I want him to know that I think he is the hardest worker I know. I want him to know that I appreciate everything he does for our family. Please God, show me how to be the wife he needs me to be in every season of life. Each chapter brings new obstacles, and I want this chapter to be the best chapter it can be. Thank you for bringing him to me to walk by my side in this crazy life. Amen.”
No comments:
Post a Comment