I was nursing you last night, and I just couldnt stop staring at you. I am in awe of everything about you. Literally, from the top of your head to the tips of your toes. I constantly look at you and just cant believe you are mine. My perfect precious gift from God. A perfect little human being, that grew inside of me, and now I get to be face to face with you everyday. Oh Baxton, your mommy's heart is forever changed. I have learned so much in just 3 short months, since the moment they laid your perfect little tan body on my chest. I'm learning about love, true love, unconditional love. I'm learning things about myself, things about your daddy, and things about my God. This morning I was thinking, if I feel this way about you, I can only imagine how HE feels about me. Does His heart swell with love for me everytime He holds me in His arms? Does He brag about me constantly? Does He smile everytime He thinks about me? When I've had a hard day, does he appreciate that time with me even more? Does He look at me and just sigh to Himself because His love is SO, SO deep for me?
Being a mommy is hard. Some days I feel like superwoman, other days I feel like a complete failure. It seems I've been running on fumes for months. But those moments when it's just you and I, and you smile at me, my heart melts. NOTHING in this world could replace this love I have for you. Your daddy and I are completly smitten for you. Head over heels in love with this perfect little being that we prayed so fervently for. Nobody else in this world gets to be your mommy. I was chosen for this job. I have plenty of guilt for leaving you every day so I acn work, but at the end of the day, no matter, I am your mommy, and nobody else can say that. Nobody else in this world gets to see those sweet early morning smiles. To look down while you're eating and see you from my point of view. I am the lucky one. You are MY Mr. Tan Man. My perfect, amazing, adorable, sweet, tan man.
I sing this song to you every morning, but I've added a few things here that express my heart.
I love you in the morning
So early in the morning when the rest of the house is silent and its just you and me spending precious time together
I love you in the night
Even when you wont sleep, when you’re fighting sleep, when all we get is just a few hours together but we snuggle close and breath in each others breath
I love you in the afternoon
On the days when I’m at work, and I’m dreaming about scooping you up in my arms, and on the days when we are together and we get to smile at each other all day long
I love you in the evening
When we play and we send daddy pictures telling him we’re missing him
I even love you when you’re sleeping
This is when I’m usually staring at you in amazement of how absolutely perfect you are
I LOVE YOU ALL DAY LONG
All. Day. Long. You are my little lovers
3 comments:
so sweet! I loved this..your such a good mama, and I know God is proud of you. Isn't it amazing how being a mother helps us to understand God's love for us better, such a gift from God!
You are a wonderful mother and do an amazing job with Bax!!
Love this!!!
Post a Comment