The months have gone by, and in what seems like the blink of an eye, we are here. Just 2 weeks until I meet you face to face, hold you in my arms, and kiss your sweet lips. I have been waiting for you. I have prepared for you. I have prayed for you. I have held you in my tummy, I have talked to you, spoke life over you, and I have dreamt about you.
So many emotions are running through me. I have been anxious and scared, happy and elated as I have prepared what I see to be the most perfect home ever for you. Last week, I went into your room, sat in the rocker where I will rock you, and I prayed. I cried, prayed some more, cried some more and prayed some more. I asked God to prepare my heart for you, to ease my fears and take away all anxiety. I asked Him to show your daddy love like he's never known before from the minute he sees your face. I looked around at your room, and remembered what it looked like just months ago when it was just an office where your daddy studied for school. I smelled your clothes, and imagined what you would look like. And, when I decided it was time to get up, I walked out with peace.
You are nothing short of a miracle, a miracle I will hold in my arms in no time at all. I cant wait to meet you. SO many unknowns, but I know one thing for sure....God knows your birth date. And as long as He knows, there is nothing I need to worry about. See you soon my little tan love.
2 comments:
Crying, for so many reasons for you my sweet friend! I can't wait for you to meet him either and to experience the love only a mother knows. Your life is about to change drastically...and you won't even care, for he's SO worth all of it! Love you!
Oh Jaq! How sweet those moment in your nursery are while pregnant... and in a few weeks you will do that same exact thing while holding Baxton. And again throughout his life, just like I did to my 11 month old b/c his teeth hurt last night. Then you sit there and cry and remember all that God has blessed your life with and you remember being that pregnant women praying for her baby to be here and healthy. I can't wait for you to experience this love. This amazing love!
Post a Comment