Stress and hormones just don’t go together. I can’t stop the tears from coming today and I am watching the clock waiting for the time when I can go home and let them fall freely. How come the “happy times” of our lives just can’t be the happy times? How come they so often come with stress, fear, tears, anxiety? I am weary. I am tired. I’d say I’m at my witts end but I’ve learned there are always more witts! Why can’t life just be easy? Why can’t my hubby just love his job, still be in flight school, by now he’d be an instructor, and he’d be making a decent amount of money, and I could probably stay at home when Baxton makes his big arrival. Why Why Why? I find myself asking God that question a lot lately. Why? I have yet to get an answer from him. I keep going back to Eph 6:13. “Having done all to do but stand, stand.” Standing. That’s what I’m trying to do. But when you are tired and weary, sometimes it feels like your knees are going to buckle and you’ll end up on, well, your knees. And then I remember Matthew 11:28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.”. Maybe my knees are the best place to be right now. Actually, I’m beginning to believe it’s the only place to be. Because I can’t do it on my own, and it’s out of my control anyway.
I think I’ll go home tonight, turn my worship music on, spend some time talking to God, wash baby clothes and smell them as I fold each item, and dream of holding my baby in my arms and seeing God’s provision for me through everything. I might read old blogs to remind myself of the things He’s always promised, and I think I’ll spend some time on my knees. Right now I think that’s only place I need to be.
1 comment:
I love this Rascal Flatts song... Stand. I like it because it says before you can stand you have to get on your knees. Such a good blog post and reminder! God had promised you many of things. I am so glad I write those things down b/c sometimes reading them again is the perfect reminder to get through!
"Cause when push comes to shove
You taste what you're made of
You might bend, till you break
Cause it's all you can take
On your knees you look up
Decide you've had enough
You get mad you get strong
Wipe your hands shake it off
Then you stand"
Post a Comment