Monday, March 30, 2009

I will take care of it


Gen 9:13: I have placed my rainbow in the clouds. It is the sign of my covenant with you and with all the earth.
I saw that rainbow the other day, and I believe it was just for me. I actually saw it two days in a row. It was just one day after I told a friend I had been feeling forgotten. The first day, I saw it ahead of me, and there were 2 of them. I didnt think much of it the first day, but it did remind me that you are a God that stays true to your promises. On the second day, I saw it, and just as I caught a glimpse of it, it began to sprinkle. Ahead of me it was bright and sunny, and behind me, in my rear view mirror, I could see the storms. Wow, what a revelation. As I look to your promises, there might be rain coming down on top of me, and storms behind me, but Your promises are ahead of me. I dont care what anyone says, I know those rainbows were for me. Right now, there are no storms in my life. Just this feeling of forgotteness. I dont know where it came from, but I hope it doesnt stay long. And while its here, I'll keep singing to myself...."I am not forgotten, GOD knows my name. He knows my name...doo do doo do dooo." You have never forgotten or forsaken me, so I dont know why You would now. Actually, I KNOW you wouldnt now, but there's this little feeling inside of me that just maybe You are so busy with everyone else, that You might have forgotten my hopes and dreams. I know it isnt true, and I'm even ashamed to admit that I feel that way. This morning, I heard what you said. "I will take care of it". I know You will. I trust You. I guess there is a part of me that is almost afraid, because what if You taking care of it means changing my heart, and not someone else's? None the less, I believe that you are God, and I am not (no way jose!) and You are in charge, forever and always. So I'll keep singing that little tune, and waiting to hear another word from You, and in the meantime, I'll take as many rainbows as you'll give me. :)

2 comments:

chrystal said...

"As I look to your promises, there might be rain coming down on top of me, and storms behind me, but Your promises are ahead of me."

This almost made me cry. Thank you for the reminder!

Anonymous said...

That was amazing Jacque, what a great revelation for you to have and then share with me. Forgetten is something I feel often too, not sure why, but it is a famaliar feeling with Him, prob my own fault, bc like you said I know that He wouldn't really ever forget me! But this was great and thanks for sharing it Jacque!