Today I said those words to a friend. I'm actually embarassed. I have been working through something inside myself. I have been feeling all different kinds of emotions and trying to sort them all out. I have went to my friend several different times to vent, to cry, to ask her how I should feel or how I should handle it. "Give it to God" has been her consistent response. And I, like any good Christian would, have told her that I am trying and I have been praying about it. But, that was pretty much a lie. I haven't been giving it to God. Honestly, I think I've yet to actually have a conversation with God about this. I'll give myself a little credit and say that the old Jacque would have tried to manipulate, or get her way, and in this case I think I have done the opposite of that. But I haven't prayed. I haven't talked to God and told Him HOW I feel. I know He knows, He is God afterall. If He is God, who knows my heart before I even reveal it to Him, then why would I wait to share with Him my heart, my fears, my dreams, my emotions? And why in the world would I think I could continue on handling it by myself? In my last blog, I wrote about the rainbows, and God told me very clearly that day that HE WILL TAKE CARE OF IT. I have learned in the past to "Let Go and Let God". I hate that very cliche line, but seriously, I have learned and I know better.
So this is the day. It's out of my hands. You are God, You are Good, and Your mercy is forever. And I know that You hear my every thought, and You see my every emotion, so on this day, I leave it at Your feet. I trust that you will take care of it.
1 comment:
I so appreciate your honesty. May He "daily bear your burdens." Bless you, my friend.
Post a Comment