Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Seven Amazing Years

Seven years ago today, I laid eyes on the best thing that has ever happened to me. I remember it like it was yesterday...



I was a young, lost, and very confused little girl. I remember standing there, straightening that rack of clothes, watching you walk by, hoping you would like what you saw and decide to come in and talk to me. I remember sitting at that table next to you that night, our knees barely touching, laughing with my friends hoping you would think I was funny. I remember our first date, our first kiss, our visit to the airport to watch the planes. I remember when I realized I loved you, and I remember hoping you would say it first. I remember the fears I had of falling in love, and I remember waiting and waiting for the man I loved to ask me to be his wife. And of course, I remember that day you finally asked. I can almost remember the feeling I had that night, as I closed my eyes, my hand laying right next to my face because I wouldnt take my eyes off that ring, and I remember waking up the next morning and realizing it wasnt a dream, it was my life, and it was about to get good.



I remember every single season of our life that we have been through so far. From being just a young couple barely dating, to newlyweds....from struggling to figure out how this marriage works to realizing that we arent the ones in control to begin with....from wondering where this life will lead us, to seeing you walk out that door for your first day of school to fulfill your dreams.



I realize, that as the years go on, and we continue to turn the pages of our lives, and walk into new chapters, that I wont be able to remember so vividly the things that happened in our past, the things that have shaped us into who we are today. I already can barely remember that young 19 year old girl that I was that day I met you. One thing I do hope, is that I will never forget that feeling I felt. I want to get butterflies in my stomach when you walk through the door each day. I want to giggle to my girlfriends and tell them all about you. I never want to lose that zest I felt for you when we were just dating. I know that we will be this in love when we are celebrating 70 years of knowing each other. Happy Anniversary.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jac this was so sweet! I got tearful even. I love hearing all about your memories with Bobby from the beginning. I love that you love remembering it too! Crazy how time flies, but it sure does. And you will have many many more year of memories to add to your collection. Happy Anniversay!