Sunday, February 8, 2009

A little crabby

I'm a little bit crabby right now. I'll admit it. I'm trying to figure out when being a wife became a job, and not something I loved. I'm mad at satan, for taking something I love and using it against me. This house is my pride. I love to take care of this house. I love to pamper my husband, and do everything for him. I like him to have clean clothes when he gets dressed for work, and a clean house to come home to. I want him to have food in the pantry when he's hungry and a hot dinner every night when he gets home from work. This is what I love to do. So why does satan have to take a good thing and use it against me? Why is he making me feel deprived today and like I am unappreciated? I'm sick of being home alone all weekend. Bobby works, and I stay here, and I clean and I cook and I do laundry and I go get groceries. That is usually the highlight of the weekend. I love the quiet life, that is not the problem. The problem is I know what he is trying to do. He's trying to make me sad, and make me think that I am unappreciated, and that taking care of my house and my husband is work and not what I love to do. So how do I fight against him? Because I'm failing right now.....I WILL NOT become a slave woman. SO back up little mister man with the red horns :) Because being Bobby's wife and taking care of him and this house is what I love, and you will not take that away from me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i remember feeling the same way SOOOO many times... i just don't anymore b/c there is no way i could take care of the house the way i used to now that i'm pregnant... i cannot freak out over that mark on the kitchen floor, b/c i can't bend down to get it anyways! :) bobby does appreciate you. but, it's just like sometimes when we are used to getting something all the time, it just becomes the norm. plus, if you love it so much, than his reaction is just an added bonus. a time will come in both of your lives where you cannot do all the things you do all the time, and bobby will pitch in. without even being asked trust me! i never thought in a million years matt would be the one to take care of our hardwood floors, or keep up on lilly's vet appointments. but, he just stepped right up and started when i couldn't.
you are a great wife! and i know you are very appreciated, so you just keep resisting the devil! b/c i know you well enough to know even if Bobby never noticed anything, it wouldn't stop you from cleaning those floors on Sundays :) i think it makes you a little happy too :)!!! love you~!

Anonymous said...

Jacque you are so cute (little mister with red horns...hehe) and you are a great wife and I know Bobby appreciates you, but I know how you feel. I have been feeling that way lately about the house. I just can't keep up! And when I am cleaning I feel as if he doesn't care so why do it, but I know that isn't really true. And see I feel like my routine during the week is what sucks, not so much the weekend. I work, I come home and make dinner, straighten up if I have time, try to get a work out in if I am lucky and go to bed. I am just tired of it the same ole thing everday! But I didn't used to feel that either, so maybe it is something I didn't recognize as an attack from that little mister like you did. I need to fight it and not let it take hold of me. Thank you for this Jacque!!!