Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Nothing is for sure

Nothing is for sure in life. There are lot of things I do not know...

I do not know what is for dinner tonight.
I do not know what tomorrow holds.
I still do not know if there is a tiny baby growing in my belly right now.
And if there isnt a baby in my belly, then I couldnt tell you why my body is acting so weird.
I couldnt tell you why good things happen to bad people, or why bad things happen to good people.
I dont know why a very good person lost his life today, or why another good person tried to take his over the weekend.
I dont know.

But this is what I do know....

My God is a good and faithful God. And if we knew all the answers, then why would He be God?
I know that this morning I woke up full of breath and life, and for that I am thankful.
And I know that if driving home this afternoon, He were to decide it was my time to come be with Him, my family would praise Him for the amazing things He has done, and for his faithfulness that never ends.

I think tonight, when I'm driving home, I'll have a little talk with Him. Its probably been too long since I've talked to Him, spent some time with Him. Maybe I'll even just sit still, and let Him speak to my heart. Sometimes, on a very heavy and sad day like today, there are no words. And today, I think that's okay.

1 comment:

Tori said...

yep, i feel the same way... except for the baby part- i KNOW there's one in my belly, which explains why i am acting this way.

today is a "heavy day", but we have so much to thank Him for still.

great post, jacque.