Sunday, January 18, 2009

If tomorrow never comes...

In light of the recent death that has affected so many, and because I have a slight obsession with death that I absolutely hate, I have been doing a lot of thinking....

There is a well known country song written by Garth Brooks (I think) and one line of that song has been playing over and over again in my head....If tomorrow never comes, will she know how much I love her?"
I have spent a lot of time this weekend thinking about that line.

If tomorrow never comes, will HE know how much I loved Him? Will He see that I lived a life pleasing to Him and in honor of Him, or will He think I walked the lukewarm line not willing to sacrifice my worldy desires?

If tomorrow never comes, will Bobby know how much I love him? I dont doubt that he knows I love him with every fiber of my being. But here is my question....

Will he know how much I love him, or will he think I was his nagging wife who was too worried about making the bed and keeping a clean house to stop and spend a Sunday evening with him.

If tomorrow never comes, will my family know how much I love them? Or will they think that I was too busy trying to perfect my marriage and keep a clean house and didnt make the time to hang out on a Sunday afternoon.

If tomorrow never comes, will my friends know how much I love them? Or will they see me as a person who guarded my heart after too many failed friendships and never let them get close.

What if tomorrow never comes. Listen, I believe that I have many more years left on this earth. But as I said in my last blog, nothing is for sure. None of us are promised tomorrow. And I would hate to think that if tomorrow never came, some people wouldnt know. I want each person who is important in my life to know just HOW much I love them.

So, since I didnt make any New Years resolutions for 2009, this is my new resolution. To love deeper. To take risk. To say I love you more. And to make sure that every person in my life knows just how important they are to me, and what kind of a role they have played in my life, and most of all, that I love them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i know how much you love me friend!!!
and i love you too!!!

Anonymous said...

Jacque that was really great. I think that we all need to stop and think of those things sometimes. We get wrapped up in so much junk that sometimes that is remembered more than the good stuff. But I, like you, want all of the good stuff to out weigh the bad and ugly. I want everyone in my life to know the same. I KNOW I don't show my love and appreciation enough to the poeple that mean the most to me. I KNOW I don't take risks enough. I KNOw I guard myself too much from fear. So if you don't mind, I will take on those same goals for 2009 and the rest of my life. I love YOU Jacque.