Saturday, November 1, 2008

Saturday Night In

It's a Saturday night. I have spent the day cleaning and doing laundry and getting groceries. That is about as exciting as it's been. Bobby has a friend over, and they are in the living room playing xbox. And believe it or not, this is what makes me happy. I know that some of my friends are at a big party tonight, and others have spent the evening probably with their families or with other friends. But I am not sad that I'm at home. I'm listening to Bobby and his buddy play their game, and I'm in the other room praying that he'll be able to be a witness to someone going through a nasty breakup. Most of all, I am thankful that he is in my living room. He could have let his friend convince him that the single life was amazing, and he could have tried to get out of the house tonight to get some time away, but instead he's on my couch, in my living room, enjoying his time at home also (at least I think he is). Life this way is much different for us than it used to be. We used to have weekends filled with going out and being surrounded by friends. This is the life I much prefer. Living a life that I know is pleasing to God....living a life that makes my heart full. I have some amazing friends who I think would also agree that a night in is better than a night out pretending to be happy. I will admit, I wasn't sure I'd ever get to a point where sitting at home was what made my heart content. But now I am here, and I am happy with this season. Who knows....in the next months or years our lives could be much busier, and eventually we MIGHT have a little one who takes all our time....Bobby could be a pilot soon and my nights at home might feel more lonely...and when a new season comes, I will be happy in that season also. But for now, the sitting at home on a Saturday night season is okay with me. I am in love with my hubby, my house, my family, and most of all my God, and this is what life is all about. Time to sign off now....its 42 minutes past my bedtime :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nights at home w/ our hubby's are the best. i wish i had them more often!

Anonymous said...

Jacque, I love you, I love this blog, and I love that you are so happy. I think that is all I need to say......you know the rest.

Anonymous said...

Oh Jacque I agree! A night in is definitely better than a night out trying to pretend to be happy. I am so glad your heart is full and I know it is because your life is pleasing God. It may not always be easy, but you know it is worth it.