Wednesday, November 26, 2008
I. WAS. WRONG
Last night, I failed. I was given a test, and I failed. I surely have not arrived, and I surely am nowhere near the wife I thought I was. Maybe I was due for a reality check. I threw a fit, and I almost cried, and I moped, and I. WAS. WRONG. And now what. This morning I was reminded of people who have nothing, and after the fit I threw last night, I was put into my place. I have so much, much more than my little home can fit. I lack for nothing. I have friends, I have family, I have a roof over my head, I have money in my checking account, food in my pantry, and although I'm still at work much later than I had hoped, I have a job. But because I didnt get what I wanted, I got out of line, out of perspective, and again, I. WAS. WRONG. I will not be that girl; that spoiled girl who gets everything she wants even if it isnt the right timing, the right place, the right person, the right will of God. I will not let that happen. I will be thankful for all that I have. I will be thankful for a God who has given me more than I deserve. I will be thankful for mentors and teachers who taught me everything I know; for friends who remind me when I'm out of line; for parents who have nearly furnished my home; for a family that is as closer today than we've ever been; and for a husband who kissed me goodnight and said "You're just in one of your moods....tomorrow's another day". I am thankful. I will continue to be thankful even after my food has digested tomorrow afternoon and this Thanksgiving holiday is over. I will always remember the blessings that have been given to me. I will not forget. And when you come to my house next time, and you see my old bedroom furniture and wonder why it doesnt match the style of the rest of my house, be reminded, I was taught a lesson. And I am blessed, old oak furniture and all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Jacque I was recently put in my place facing the same issue. Acting like a spoiled brat just b.c things aren't perfect or like they were a few months ago. Not having all I wanted or thought we should have. But then I realized that same thing you did. I am complaining about what I considered a low point, not fair, but what alot of people in this world would be SO GREATFUL for, and there I was pouting. I was put in my place and I was wrong! But it happens to the best of us, and at least we realize that we were wrong and are able to try our best to not let it happen agian.
Post a Comment