Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Blueprints


My boss is building a house...more like a castle. He had a perfectly good house, at least I thought it was, but he tore it down, and he's rebuilding a castle right on the very same ground. Over the past few months, since he started building his castle, I have made several copies of his blueprints. Every time I look at those blueprints, I find myself dreaming. I wonder what it's like to be rich like him, to be able to afford everything I want. To build a castle instead of buying a tiny house in Mehlville that could probably fit in his garage. I wonder what its like to own my own company and boss people around and ask my assistant to get me hot tea when I've had a long day and need to close my office door and unwind for a few minutes. Man do I wonder.


Okay, but the truth is, that's not where I'm going with this blog. This is where I'm going. Since that first set of blueprints came through the door, all those months ago, after my boss had them draw up his castle, there have been several changes made. The reason why I've made so many copies of those blueprints is because 1. Changes keep being made and the blueprints need to reflect those changes. And 2. Because I think my boss has given a copy to every single person he knows so he can show them just how amazing his castle is. He is excited!


Here's what I'm getting at...


Last night, Bobby and I had a little talk about our future. And when I'm looking at the facts, I cannot possibly see how everything is going to work out for us. I cannot see how anything will ever happen in "perfect" timing. I cannot understand. But then this morning, I got this amazing image, of God holding my blueprints. He has a plan all drawn up, perfectly laid out. And when there are changes made, all approvals go through my Father. And after each change, He might need another copy, because He needs to hold the master plan. And maybe, he has an assistant, who has made him several copies, because He's so excited about showing the plans to every person He knows. I can see Him, pulling the plans out of his pocket, and showing people my plan. He says "And this is where I'm going to put her house, but she doesnt know it yet. And this is when she's going to have a baby, but she doesnt know it yet. And this is where Bobby will work, but he doesnt know it yet. "


But, HIS PLAN IS PERFECT. And I am not the one holding it. He is. He is the master planner. He is the architect. He is the builder, and the foundation layer, and the one who dreamed this whole idea up 25, almost 26 years ago. So why am I trying to take hold of those plans and make changes on my own and design things that I was never born to design? I dont know the answer, but I'm giving the plans back, and I'm letting Him continue to hold them, and to make them perfect.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful...
i wonder the same things you wonder...
we should both just quit i guess b/c we never get the answer by wondering huh?
Love you friend!

Anonymous said...

Jacque I love this blog so much. It is so where I am currently, as I think alot of us are. Wondering about our futures and how everything is going to work out and when. But I love the blue prints annalogy. It is so perfect and I love that He gave you that vision and that you shared it with me. I am learning to live a life of trust in HIM b.c it is true, as much as we try to figure out our future, we have no idea where we will be or when or how. It's God's plan for us, not our own. Thanks Jacque!!!!

Anonymous said...

Jacque, I love this. And you are right His plan is perfect! He knows the desires of your heart(maybe even better than you)and I just know your dreams and desires are in that perfect blueprint.

Keri said...

This is one of the best things I have ever read. I love this I just think you captured our Father perfectly thank you so much for sharing.

Gina Lynn said...

Jacque, thank you so much for sharing this with me. I know it's personal. Just reading this introduction made me tear up because you are so right and I had no idea...You wrote exactly what I needed to read at this exact moment...thank you.