
Today is not my favorite day. My baby is sick. And I’m at work. My heart is aching and I’ve been on the verge of tears most of the day. There are so many reasons why I want to be home with him full time, but today is at the top of the list. No mother should have to leave her baby when he is sick because she needs to get to work. This picture from over the weekend...I look like crap! But I look at it and I see me, doing what I was called to do...taking care of my baby. But this morning I had to work. I had to detach myself from the situation this morning so I didn’t break down sobbing. Baxton was clung to me, crying every time I set him down, trying to snuggle up with me and reaching for me to hold him. Seriously I feel like the worst mom right now. I know he’s in trustworthy hands, and thank GOD I just spoke to Joy and he doesn’t have a fever right now and is playing like he feels great. But my mind just keeps going back to this morning and the guilt is sinking in. Okay, so to keep me from having a complete break down…I’m going to list the things I’m thankful for.
I’m thankful for the weekend I had with Bax, full of snuggles and love and slobbery kisses and a whole lot of laying around to try and get him to feel better.
I’m thankful for Joy who I know is taking great care of him today and is filling his love bucket probably as we speak.
I’m thankful for a hubby who cares so much about our son. Seriously, he has been so in tune with Bax while he’s sick and its just so sweet to watch.
I'm thankful for family who has checked up on him often and who really love my little guy.
I’m thankful for a network of mommy friends who can offer me advice, tips, and prayers on a day like today.
I’m thankful for the promise that ONE DAY I will be with him all the time.
I’m thankful that my mom comes back in town tonight so if he is sick tomorrow, he can go to grandmas!
And I’m thankful for a God that comforts both me and Bax while we are apart.
1 comment:
I love the pic. its a very honest pic! You are an amazing mommy Jacque and Baxton is so lucky to have you. ONE DAY you will be home with him all the time. Love you friend!!
Post a Comment