Thursday, December 29, 2011

Things I've learned in 2011

…my husband will love me, even when I mess up.

…Baxton will remember me when he wakes up in the morning, even if I did take a night to myself the night before.

...I cant do it all. And its okay to ask for help.

…children really are the key to unlocking J-O-Y.

…my marriage cant survive without putting any work into it. But that work is SO worth it.

…I don’t always have to thrive. Some days it’s okay if all I can do is barely survive. Tomorrow is a new day.

…marriage is about falling in love with the same person over and over again. Sometimes it happens naturally, and other times it’s a choice you have to make.

…a messy house never killed anyone.

…God restores old friendships.

…the crock pot is my best friend.

…my mom is full of knowledge….all I have to do is ask.

…babies grow too fast. Savor every moment.

…I am lucky to have a job.

…my heart is capable of loving deeper than I ever thought.

…sleep is so overrated.

…time with my girlfriends is therapy.

…stretchmarks and a big belly are not my idea of a cute body, BUT, being mommy to the baby who caused both of those is far more rewarding than having a hot body.

…people will judge you. Ignore them.

…mothers intuition is far greater than any parenting book, friendly advice, or google search.

…my husband really does know what he’s talking about {most} of the time.

…this exact moment can never be relived, so stay present.

…sisters are truly the best friends…and are great babysitters as well!

…something as small as bathtime, bedtime, playtime, or anything in between, can become an extraordinary moment.

...God really does know what is important to me. And He never let me one single “first” of Baxton’s life.

…it IS possible to breastfeed and throw up at the same time.

…Sunday nights are bliss.

…stress and worry get you nowhere.

…candles make me happy.

…being a mommy makes you do crazy things!

…perspective changes everything.

…babies CAN survive falling off the bed.

…JOY comes in the morning.

…the Cross is waiting for me to lay my burdens at its feet.

…Being a wife and mother is my greatest calling. I was created for this.

1 comment:

Meg O. said...

Great post!!! Love the list. Wow.... so many lessons in a year... so many that I feel so connected to for many different reasons! I have enjoyed our time together in 2011 :) Can't wait to see all the lessons we learn in 2012!!~